Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fall 2014 Anticipated Releases: Top Ten Tuesday (13)


Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish that I do arbitrarily when I like the topic. This week's one was one that I HAD to do, because if I participate in one Top Ten Tuesday per season, it will be my most anticipated releases. I am only listing releases that come out today and after, because if I include all of the earlier September releases.... we will be here all day.
*These are in order of release, not anticipation, because we all know what would be #1*

 Release Date: September 23, 2014

Backstory: I first heard about this book when everyone was hauling books from BEA, and while I wasn't the biggest fan of Uglies, I am looking forward to checking this one out.

Premise: This book alternates from a young debut novelist and the novel she is writing, so we get to see the events in her real life that impact the novel.

 Release Date: September 23, 2014 

Backstory: I had been eyeing this book on Netgalley, but was sadly not approved. That did not hinder my anticipation for it, and I would just like to say, "Happy Book Birthday Kendall!"

Premise: Witches and a Historical Romance, what more could a reader ask for? The plot sounds so intriguing, and I would practically pick up the book for the cover alone.


Release Date: September 30, 2014 

Backstory: I had been eyeing this since May and was fortunate enough to get an ARC copy which is actually next on my September TBR. 

Premise: In 1959, Sara Dunbar is the first African-American to be admitted to an all-white school where she will be bullied and ostracized for her race. When she is forced to work with Linda Hairston, the two must make up their minds about their personal morals and that their present realities aren't all that meets the eye.


Release Date: September 30, 2014

Backstory: I saw the interesting premise, requested it on Netgalley, and was approved.

Premise: This is a "what if" novel about how the world would be NOW if Hitler had won World War II, and if that doesn't sound like a gripping enough plot, I don't know what will.


Release Date: October 7, 2014

Backstory: Marie Lu is one of those authors who I would read grocery lists of.... if I could, and I am psyched to see how she does with the new genre and too see if I will fall in love with the characters as much as I did with Legend.

Premise: Adelina Amouteru is a survivor of the blood fever which left her with mysterious and powerful abilities, so she must come to terms with who she is and what she can do. This will be a lot darker of a book, especially because Adelina is a villain, and I am dying to read it.


Release Date: October 7, 2014

Backstory: I have been reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians series since 3rd grade, this is the 10th book about Percy, as well as the end of the most epic book saga of my lifetime (in terms of length), and I cannot wait to see how the series ends. 

Premise: This is the 5th and last book in the Heroes of Olympus series so any synopsizing will be spoilery but the main idea is that it will be epic and a feels-full adventure. 

 Release Date: October 8, 2014

Backstory: This was another Netgalley approval, and I must say that I it was an impulse-request because of that mysterious cover.

Premise: This sounds like a fascinating psychological thriller/romance/mystery mashup that will be perfect to get me in the mood for Halloween. 



 Release Date: October 14, 2014

Backstory: I read the first book in the Unwind Quartet almost a year ago and was enraptured with the premise and fast-paced plot. While I wasn't the biggest fan of the third book, the cliffhanger is what is drawing me in.

Premise: This the 4th and last book in the Unwind Quartet which is centered around this dystopian society where kids (between 12 and 18) are "unwound" which means that 99% of their body is divided up so it can go to people that need the parts. As you can see, there a lot of moral and ethical questions, so chaos and rebellion ensue.



 Release Date: October 14, 2014

Backstory: I first heard about this book in JANUARY from Fiction_TheNewReality's New Year, New Books celebration and have been in rapt anticipation ever since because of the fantastical premise and breathtaking cover.

Premise: The Winter Kingdom's magic and ruler was stolen, and its fate depends on 8 survivors, and Meira -the protagonist- goes on a quest of her own to save her kingdom.



 Release Date: November 4, 2014

Backstory: I have only recently heard about this novel, but the pitch (it involves parallel universes) and the cover is simply stunning.

Premise: Marguerite's parents invented Firebird, which allows them to jump from parallel universe, but in our's her father is murdered, and she must use Firebird to track him down.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...