Friday, October 3, 2014

Welcome to October!!!: What's Been Going On? (2)


Hello there, and welcome to Loving the Language of Literacy, if this is your first time here.... welcome to the crazy, random, ramblings of a teenager blogger, reader, and aspiring writer. This is my second "What's Been Going On?" post where I give you lovely readers a general update on all things happening with Sofia Li in her personal life, blogging, and reading. She has a lot of thinks to update and tell you about that she is QUITE bursting to say - per usual. She is now talking in third person.

Don't worry, speaking in third person is normal around here :)
The Leap Across the Blogging Chasm to BookTube is Commencing!

The most exciting thing that I am doing this month on the interwebs, at least in my opinion, is making the large leap to BookTube! 

What is this world coming to?
That's right folks, by the end of this month, I would like to consider myself a newbie vlogger. I hope to have my first vlog - which is an intro to the channel and general Q&A video (where I ask myself questions, of course) - uploaded on my channel this weekend (please, feel free to hold me accountable on this statement) as well as other videos this month such as writing updates, book talks, discussions, tags, and SO MUCH MORE!!! 

It will be a lot to adjust to.... 

You're going to see me in person, that's an epic occasion in and of itself.

In all seriousness, things will be a bit crazy around here, there may not be as many posts because I now have to split my blogging time with vlogging and editing (do you know how gosh darn long this process is?), so until I find a solid balance, just know that this is the reason why. Blogging will always be my first love in the bookish community, and I'm just dipping my toes into this ENTIRELY NEW medium, trying to see if I like it and if it suits my personality. 

I am in now way saying that you should feel obligated to do anything, but I would appreciate it so much if you subscribed to my channel with is eponymous to my blog name aka. the same thing.

Loving the Language of Litearcy
Time Management is Getting Harder as the Years Go On.... She's Getting Old

We're back to the 3rd person thing. Joy! Anyway, I must admit that time management/having time at all to do activities outside of school, such as reading, vlogging, blogging, running, etc have become increasingly more difficult as the school year drags on because of ONE factor and one factor only.

I'm lookin' at you!

The other night, I started working on homework AS SOON as I got home (3:30) and only took a break for dinner. By 10, I was too tired to continue, and went on to wake up at 5 in the morning in order to finish. On some nights I'm drowning in it and on others, I appear to float. On those nights, all I honestly want to do is crawl into bed with some hot tea, watch some tv for a few minutes, then collapse into a sleeping beauty-worthy slumber.

Honestly, if you were to ask me to check my sanity when you see that I am adding BookTubing and NaNoWriMo-ing to my daily repertoire, I will respond saying that I am insane. I don't know what demon is possessing me or what hallucination is telling me that I actually have time to add all of this to my plate. I know there will be a lot of days when I can't do what I want to do, and I will have to accept those, but I'm going to try my best and that's all that can be asked of me (according to my parents when it comes to academics, at least) so I ask that you please bear with me.

NaNoWriMo! OhNo!

AKA. Yet another opportunity for you to question my sanity. Yes, I will admit it, I am attempting NaNoWriMo in November. My experience with Camp NaNoWriMo didn't go as planned (check out my last "What's Been Going On?" post for more information) but I will persevere. I picked myself up, dusted my over-achieving ego off and attempting this again. 
Feel free to add me as a buddy {sslluvsbooks}
In preparation for NaNoWriMo, I am participating in #NaNoPrep which is basically when a lot of NaNo-ers outline, plot, sketch characters, and generally hate themselves for deciding to sign up for this program. Fun times! I have a personal goal of writing 500 words a day every day in October. This is not to add extra stress to my plate, but merely a way to ensure I slip into the NaNoWriMo mode easily, so instead of going from 0-60, I got from 500-1667 words a day. Do you see what I did there? I'm generally doing a lot of info-dumping that I will intersperse throughout my NaNoWriMo novel and a lot of prompted writing to get those creative juices exercised and flowing.

We're all crazy around here :) *grins evily*
From now until the beginning of December, prepare to see a large flux/wave of posts about NaNoWriMo outlining, excerpts, backstories, and general posts about writing. Loving the Language of Literacy has never solely been a book review blog. While reviews are a good percentage of the posts coming from here, this blog has to do will all things bookish and basically whatever I want it to be since I'm in control *cue maniacal laugh* I hope you don't mind and will enjoy the change in scenery.

How personal do you want bloggers to be in posts?


This brings me to my last and extremely relevant topic. How personal do you want me to be in posts? That last paragraph was a segue into this topic. I will write what I see fit to (obviously) but I would still like to know what you like to see. Would you like a completely random post recapping a funny/sad/ interesting thing that happened during my week, posts about writing, posts about my favorite television shows? I would honestly like to know if you would like to know more about me, a kind of "Meet the Blogger" post, I'm willing to write them all. I just want to know if those are the kinds of things you would be interested in or whether you would like me to talk just about books, which I am perfectly fine with doing as well.

Thank you so much if you got the end of this post, I hope you have a great day, and I will see you soon with another bookish post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...