Friday, January 16, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award


Rules:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their site.
2. Post the award's logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions you've been asked.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers.
5. Set 10 new questions for your nominees.

Thank you so much Anne @ Anne Books AND Dana @ DanaSquare for nominating me :) & I apologize Anne for stealing your post format. I must be certifiably insane for answering 20 questions, but if the people want to hear from me.... then hear from me they shall. (I have no idea what I just typed)

Anne's Questions:
1) When and why did you start your blog?
I started my blog in December of 2013 because someone read one of my reviews, thought I was a good writer, and said I should write more. LITERALLY, I got sucked down into the habit hole of composing posts the night before instead of scheduling in advance, receiving 30+ twitter notifications when waking up, and providing myself more stress than usual to upload a new video. But (per cliche response) I wouldn't trade the friends I've made, the books I've read, or the world for anything else.

2) How often do you write posts?
WHENEVER THE HELL I WANT!!!
It would be a nice idea if I scheduled/edited my posts, but I'm a mood reader as well as a mood lifer who composes posts when she wants. But if you want my answer quantified, that would probably be 4/7 days of the week for my blog, and 7/7 days of the week for my YouTube Channel, but the hours are ENDLESS.

3) How many books do you own in total?
I'm doing a bookshelf tour on my channel soon. Sooo, you'll find out then *faints when she attempts to count them all*

4) Have you ever been in a reading slump? And how do you got out of it?
I've never been in a truly bad slump, I claimed I did February 2014 when I only read 9 books, but it was really just a busy month when I WANTED to read but didn't have the time to. So, I don't know, and I hope to never find out.

5) If you could only own 10 books which were these?
Don't make me choose!

6) What do you do if you don't know how to explain your feeling about a book?
99% of the time, I won't review it. If I HAVE to, I will probably post some half-assed review where I pick on minute details and make general statements. Yeah.... I'm not the best example of what to do with this scenario.

7) Is there any possibility you would stop blogging and why?
The only possibility would be if I was just too busy or had no access to internet. Blogging/BookTubing are my number three and four priorities in life (that aren't NEEDED), right behind school and reading. I love it WAAAY too much and will persevere past drama and self-doubt.

8) Did you became friends with people over blogging?
I have a core group of three best internet friends, Mal/Nath/Tina, but I have a lot of acquaintances who I chat with a lot, and a lot of budding friendships that I hope to become good friends with over 2015. Nevertheless, my internet interactions have been truly amazing and just as valuable as an IRL one.

9) Which books do you really want to read in 2015?
I'm making a video about this soon. My most anticipated are THRONE OF GLASS #4 and A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES both by the lovely, earth-shattering, gorgeous, Sarah J. Maas.

10) Any reading goals this year?
I have an entire video on this.

Dana's Questions
1. What was the last book that you gave 5 stars to?
READY PLAYER ONE by Ernest Cline. A.K.A. the first book I read of 2015 and one of my ALL-TIME favorites. If you haven't read it.... I don't understand you

2. What book got you into reading YA?
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins :) on a 5 hour car ride back home from Mammoth California.

3. What character from a series deserves their own spin-off book or series?
I'd have to say I want a novel in between the ending of CHAMPION by Marie Lu and the epilogue. Or an entire novel dedicated to Anden.

4. What is your most recent favorite genre?
High Fantasy :) I was daunted at first, but HF opens so many worlds I wouldn't have visited otherwise.

5. Do you collect anything other than books?
Nope! I don't have the money to, my wallet is officially broken after the holiday season of acquiring 38 books! But I do love (and demand) fancy pens. My favorite is the FORAY rolle, rollerball with 0.5 tip from Staokes in blue. Because you totally needed to know that.

6. What is you favorite TV Show?
Nashville! It's a drama on ABC about country music, two of my very favorite things. Plus, any playlist I have EVER created include a Scarlett & Gunanr duet.

7. What is the next book in you TBR pile?
THESE BROKEN STARS by Amie Kaufman & Megan Spooner. My friends have been urging me and I've caved into the pressure. But its a good kind because I think I'll like it.

8. Who is your most owned author?
Suzanne Collins with the Underland Chronicles and the Hunger Games Trilogy 

9. When did you start blogging?
Look above

10. Which book that you love do you think deserves more hype?
SNOW LIKE FREAKING ASHES by Sara Raasch. One of my favorites from last year and a debut novel that should go down in history. 

My Questions: 
1. Favorite Genre of Music and Artist in that Genre?

2. First Book Read in 2015?

3. Physical Books or eBooks?

4. How much do you love reading?

5. Who is your favorite author PERSONALITY wise? Maybe you hate their novel, but love their jokes on Twitter.

6. Favorite Bloggers/BookTubers. Share the love <3 a="" and="" because="" can="" dying="" i="" joking="" know="" m="" me="" much="" narcissist="" not="" of="" p="" re="" say="" t="" that="" to="" totally="" you="">

7. Will you pay hardcover retail prices for books?

8. Do you DNF books?

9. What does your bookshelf look like?

10. Where did you get your blog design? (This is purely for selfish reasons because I'm on the market for a new design)

I Tag (For the record, I have NO idea who was tagged for this):
Xander @ Forever Bookish (you're a guy.... but there aren't any restrictions on the blogger's gender)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...