Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday 5/11 Update/Challenge | #BoutofBooks 13.0




Reading Update

I rapidly devoured the audiobook of Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer in the past 30 hours. I started it Sunday afternoon and continued listening throughout the day, picking up from the halfway point at the start of Bout of Books.

Surprisingly, I picked up My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga. I hadn't meant to start reading, but I found the writing quite addictive and flew threw all 300 pages in around four hours.

I also read a couple of pages of A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and 15% of Ariel by Sylvia Plath.

Today's challenge is a bookish survey hosted by Writing is My Fairytale.

1. How do you organize your shelves?
I have an entire Bookshelf Tour where I go in-depth about the details of my organization. In short, it's organized by author's last name on every shelf dedicated to TBR, read, favorites, and ARCs.


2. What is one of your favorite book that’s not in one of your favorite genres?
I haven't read a good YA historical fiction novel in such a long time and this was a pleasant surprise, even if reading it felt like pulling teeth at some moments. In the end, it was al worth it and is now one of my favorite books of all time.

3. What is the last 5 star book you read?
While I didn't review this novel, I did my best to express all my feels related to My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I don't know want to go all fangirl on you, but it was incredibly thought provoking and well written.


4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon?
I finished listening to an audiobook of Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer which is a YA novel loosely based on the Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I downloaded Plath's last collection of poems because I am dying to read from the point of view of such an incredibly troubled, brilliant woman.

5. What book do you recommend the most?

This is the best fluffy contemporary romance I have read and I would most definitely recommend it for the upcoming summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...