Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Top 10 Tuesday #4: Top Ten 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For

I know I have already done the top 10 books I was waiting for in 2014, but that list actually needs to be revised, and this "Top 10 Tuesday" is for debut novels. By the way, if you want to learn about some more debut novels and most of the ones listed here I learned about from "New Year New Books" hosted by Fiction_TheNewReality which is a month-long event  with giveaways and extra fun stuff from debut novels every day in January, so check it out because it's only halfway through.




1. The Young Elites by Marie Lu, because we all know I can't shut up about her, so I'm obviously going to have her at the top of my list even though there's next to no information about her book.

2. Creed by Trisha Leaver which sounds downright creepy and spooky with the whole cult thing, but at the same time seems like it will be an excellent debut.

3. Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang, there's hardly any information about this novel, but the short summary has merited it the #2 space. 
About a teen girl who attempts suicide, told from the perspective of her neglected childhood imaginary friend. The book is scheduled for fall 2014
4. Dark Days by Kate Ormand because it seems like a good-old science fiction novel I am bound to love.

5. Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy seems almost like another "Fault in Our Stars", but has an original sounding plot I can't wait to dive into

6. Salt by Danielle Elison although it already came out, it's still something I was/is very excited for because of the paranormal plot

7. The Edge of Falling by Rebecca Serle seems like a mysterious contemporary novel that sort of seems like "Hate List" because of the whole famous-for-something-she-didn't-do thing.

8. Aliented by Melissa Landers has so much buzz going on right now, and the plot is a bit quirky which seems right up my alley

9. My Last Kiss by Bethany Neal seems like exactly what my teenage, swoon-prone heart needs that sounds a little like "Before I Fall" which I adored.

10. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge has been everywhere in the past month, and if the blurb if anything to go by, I completely understand why./

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...