Sunday, March 23, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (8)~ Powells Addition


"Stacking the Shelves" is a meme when you list the books you've added to your shelves, virtual, physical, or whatever shape or form you get them. I am now combining "Stacking the Shelves" with the "Sunday Post" because it is so much a personal preference about when and what you post "Stacking the Shelves" with. I am doing this meme once a week, so you will probably see nothing but library books because originally, I only did "Stacking the Shelves" as an every-time-I-go-to-the-library thing. As people may know, “Stacking the Shelves” posts are hosted by “Tynga's Reviews”  

{Disclaimer: I am in no means trying to brag about what I got, and merely shared this post for the benefit of my followers seeing what I so generously received, and as a favor to the lovely people that sent me things}

These past two weeks have been INSANE in terms of books. I've gotten SIXTEEN BOOKS. Yes, you read that right, SIXTEEN BOOKS. In order to know why the hec I got this many books, here's a little backstory:

From Monday (17) to Thursday (20), I have been in Portland Oregon. As any good little book buyer should know, Portland Oregon is home of the largest independent book seller in the United States. While physical locations are only in Oregon, they do ship internationally. While at a first glance, prices are pretty expensive there, if you search through the site or the store, you will find some GREAT deals. There are some used books in remarkably good condition, along with some randomly marked down books. Also, there were THIRTY PERCENT OFF sales from the 12+ books that they consider the best YA books of 2013. There were also THIRTY PERCENT OFF sales on BRAND NEW BOOKS.  I'm not kidding, Grasshopper Jungle (February 11) and Panic (March 4) were less than $13.

So, the majority of my book haul came from the first time I went to Powells. Yes, I did go more than once. I have NO shame. Anyway, my wonderful mother and cousin pretty much paid for this wild shopping spree. Some teenage girls freak out over shoe sales, I freak out over book sales. I mean, why don't you? Before I get into this, I want to send out so much thanks and appreciation to my mom and cousin. I am in no way trying to brag, I'm just really excited and grateful for all of these lovely new additions to the family. Of course, I went back to powells and HAD to get three more books. 

The rest of my book haul comes from the lovely world of giveaways. 

--------------------------------------------------
Powells Trip #1
Fangirl: Rainbow Rowell~ Everyone has been'fan giring' over this book since last September when it came out. I've heard so much praise and as much as I hate jumping on the bandwagon, I knew I just HAD to get this book.

Eleanor & Park: Rainbow Rowell~ This is the first I had ever heard of Rainbow Rowell and have heard  from numerous people how swoonworthy Park is. I've also heard Eleanor likes to spoon (LOL😝) ---creds to my crazy friend (inside joke)

Looking For Alaska: John Green~ There has been a lot of controversy about this book, so I felt the urge to buy this and find out for myself. Plus everything written by John Green is EPIC #factoftheuniverse. 

Will Grayson, Will Grayson: John Green~ I literally hadn't realized that a fourth of my book hall featured LGBTQ main characters. A David Leviathan and John Green calaboration is the best thing that happened in single didget decade (I have no idea what it is called). 

Insignia: S.J. Kincaid~ The funny thing about this book is that I borrowed it from the library, but it was actually due when I was in Portland. But a friend highly recommended it, and I just had a feeling about it. 

Grasshopper Jungle: Andrew Smith~ The review of this will be coming soon, but until then all I have to say is this book was FREAKING WEIRD and one heck of a book.

City of Bones: Cassandra Clare~ I normally don't read hyped up books, but felt this one was a must. Plus that I write a review of the movie too. 

Everybody Sees the Ant~ This was a total impulse buy, but I saw that Ellen Hopkins blurbed the book, I just had to buy it. 

Everyday: David Leviathan~ I had seen this at my library before, but I had never checked it out and I thought the concept was very intriguing. 

--------------------------------------------------

Powells Trip #2
Keeping You a Secret: Julie Anne Peters~  I knew absolutely nothing about this book, but it was on sale and it was LGBTQ, which is a newer genre that has captured my interest. 

The Cellar: Natasha Preston~ Again, I knew nothing, but the plot sounded amazing. Yes, I am crazy for wanting to read about kidnapping. 

GONE: Michael Grant~ There's actually a funny story with this book, I have borrowed it from the library THREE times and NEVER read it. In my library terms, that means NINE WEEKS that I had had this book in my possession and never once had I thought to actually pick the darn thing up and read it. I think that was because of my fear of Chunksters, but my logic is "I bought the book, now I have to read it" 

--------------------------------------------------

Giveaway #1
Breaking Glass: Lisa Amowitz

--------------------------------------------------

Giveaway #2
Pushing The Limits: Katie McGarry
Soul Screamers: Rachel Vincent 
Indigo Awakening: Jordan Dane 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...