Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Books I Almost Put Down But Didn't: Top Ten Tuesday (10)


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme and weekly event posted every week on (OMG) Tuesdays by The Broke and Bookish. Some of these books were nearly DNFs, others were ones I almost put down because I had other books, and a few are ones I don't want to put down now, but have been distracted by others.


Daughter of Smoke and Bone: Laini Taylor ~ I started this book in the middle of April, got around 100 pages through, and it's now sitting on my bookshelf, waiting to be picked up again. I was really enjoying Karou and her love interest, but other books just took its space.


Fangirl: Rainbow Rowell ~ This is another book I started somewhere in April, it might be a DNF, because the plot seemed plain confusing to me. Although I do want to see what everybody is talking about when they say the Rainbow Rowell. It has won awards and stellar reviews, but I think it was just plain confusing that Cath was so hung up on Simon Snow, and there was her room mate's boyfriend that she falls in love with.


Breaking Glass: Lisa Amowitz ~ This book seems so similar to the book I had ditched this one to read. Every You, Every Me had the exact same romantic dynamic which was pretty annoying. I was also around 100 pages in where all the MC was doing was lying in bed moaning about his amputated leg. Yes, I should have felt sorry for him, but I didn't have a good connection with him.


Every Day: David Levithan ~ Frankly, the romance was a little annoying. The premise was astounding, but the execution in the plot was something I believe needed a lot of work. Nevertheless, I finished it because it was a book for last month's LGBT+ event. 


Me Since You: Laura Wiess ~ I literally got around 40% of this book, read two other books (one of them included Allegiant), and on a whim, because I only had my iPod, started reading again and in about five percent, it picked up again and received four stars from me.


The Sky is Everywhere: Jandy Nelson ~ To be honest, I don't know why I stuck with this book. I didn't like it, the romance was too conflicting, it felt wrong, but something told me to stuck with it....and I did. I don't know why I did, but I finished the book when I really shouldn't have.


Crank: Ellen Hopkins ~ I fell in love with Ellen Hopkin's writing when I read Identical, and thought Crank would be the same. Personally, the way Hopkins wrote it was too grim and dark for me.


The Eye of Minds: James Dashner ~ The concept/premise of this book was simply astounding intriguing, but I would have to say I strongly disliked the execution of it, and that it could have been done a lot differently


The Kill Order: James Dashner ~ I'm really sorry to say this, but I outright hated this book. It took me over five weeks to finish, was unneeded for the rest of the story, had a ton of potential, but ended up disappointing me big time


Delirium: Lauren Oliver ~ I didn't enjoy the concept of this book very much, and it ended with the MC running away into the wild. The whole story sounded waaay too much like Uglies by Scott Westerfeld, and I personally didn't like the romantic aspects either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...