Monday, June 9, 2014

(Season One) The Attack on Titan: Media Mondays (5)

Hey world, I (Sofia) am still in New York, Rochester this time, and am having a great time with my aunt. By the way, if you're in the area, stop by the French Quarter, the food is to die for. Anyway, this is another Media Mondays coming from Joyce. You a taste of her style earlier when she was introduced in The Sunday Post as well as her manga review last week. All credit goes to her for this I didn't edit anything. Without further ado, The Attack on Titan, Season One.


Aired on April 6, 2013
Season 1 ended September 28, 2013
 
Synopsis: Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by Titans. Titans are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest Titans. Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a Titan in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a Colossal Titan that appears out of thin air. As the smaller Titans flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Eren vows that he will murder every single Titan and take revenge for all of mankind.  (Taken from the Attack on Titan wikia page)

HELLO LADIES...this is Joyce *insert sexy smirk* 
 
I dunno about the whole ink jars thing, but I would give this anime a 9/10 jars. Why? Wee-e-e-ell, I really loved the character development and stuff, but one question lingered at the back of my head...WHY IS EREN SO ANGRY, IT'S LIKE HE'S ON AN ETERNAL MAN PERIOD (sometimes though, he can be pretty hilarious) Another reason why I love AoT were the questions the anime left me with. Why did the titans eat the humans out of pure pleasure? WHY was Annie on the Titans' side? What's in the basement? You get the picture, right? Right.

The feels just about killed me and the gore left me speechless. I mean, really, the first episode SLAYED, and the graphics were just...ACK, TOO AMAZING.  Kudos to the animators and artists, they did a beautiful job of designing and drawing all of the scenes.
 
The Titans were either creepy or cute. There is no in between. The fact that the Titan's lacked genitalia kind of made me wonder how they reproduced too. Do they go through mitosis or something? Or do Titan babies just fall from the sky? Your guess is about as good as mine.

However, one thing sort of bothered me, and that was the lack of answers the anime gave me. I know this goes against my earlier statement about how I enjoyed the questions and such, BUT WOULD IT KILL THEM TO GIVE ME ONE WIDDLE HINT?! I am literally praying that they'll explain some more in Season 2. (I didn't read all of the manga yet, so please bear with my complaining. Oh, and NO SPOILERS. THAT IS AN ORDER.)
 
The character development was awesome (I mean in the beginning Armin was a whiny lil bish, but now look at him. He's like a psycho genius who will kill you with his mind) And of course, Eren is the passionate Titan killer we all know and love. Sometimes, his exclamations of 'IM GONNA KILL ALL OF THE TITANS' kind of ticked me off, but he's hilarious. MIkasa is  well...Mikasa. Personally, I liked Sasha more than Mikasa, since she was a goof and a massive potato lover (like me), so yeah. Levi is well... LEVI.

And yeah, that's about it. Sorry if this was super long. All of these opinions are mine, you don't have to like them, and I respect that.

Peace out,
Joyce
 
Do you know of any book/anime/other forms of media characters that are SOOO annoying because they're on their man periods?

Are you ever frustrated when writers leave people (such as myself) hanging by a thread, and make us guess/wait/wonder what and why they made something the way it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...