Monday, August 24, 2015

Everything, Everything : Nicola Yoon | BookTalk w/ @sslluvsbooks

Rating: 40%
Series: None
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Fiction, Young Adult, 
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: September 1, 2015
Page Count: 320
Format: ARC
Source: Friend


Goodreads Synopsis: This innovative, heartfelt debut novel tells the story of a girl who’s literally allergic to the outside world. When a new family moves in next door, she begins a complicated romance that challenges everything she’s ever known. The narrative unfolds via vignettes, diary entries, texts, charts, lists, illustrations, and more.

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.


Disclaimer: I received this book from my friend who picked it up at BookCon

Would I Buy It?
Definitely not as I didn't enjoy the book and my copy will merely sit on my ARC shelf. 

Background & Backstory?
My good friend Nath went to BookCon and offered to send me an extra copy.

What Was My Reaction Upon Finishing?
Why?


How Likely Is It That I Will Read Another Book By This Author?
If Nicola Yoon writes another novel with a premise that piques my interest, I will consider reading it.

Conclusion: The premise was intriguing but the directions the plot could follow weren't original and the characters are unrealistic as well as the relationships between them - romantic of otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...