Friday, July 31, 2015

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe: Benjamin Alire Saenz | BookTalk w/ @sslluvsbooks

Rating: 98%
Series: None
Genre: Contemporary, Realistic Fiction, Romance, LGBT, Ficiton, Young Adult,
Publisher: 
Publication Date: February 21, 2012
Page Count: 368
Format: Paperback
Source: Barnes & Nobles


Goodreads Synopsis: A lyrical novel about family and friendship from critically acclaimed author Benjamin Alire Sáenz.

Aristotle is an angry teen with a brother in prison. Dante is a know-it-all who has an unusual way of looking at the world. When the two meet at the swimming pool, they seem to have nothing in common. But as the loners start spending time together, they discover that they share a special friendship—the kind that changes lives and lasts a lifetime. And it is through this friendship that Ari and Dante will learn the most important truths about themselves and the kind of people they want to be.


Disclaimer: At Loving the Language of Literacy, "Book Review" means a spoiler-free overview of my opinions versus a "BookTalk" where there's a spoiler-free synopsis section with my general thoughts and then I distinctly tell you to go away when there will be spoilers.

Who Would I Recommend This Book To?
For anyone struggling with or wanting to be informed about being LGBT
For anyone wanting a diverse, well written Young Adult novel where parents are alive
For anyone wanting to see themes like race being debated about by the Main Character.

Would I Buy It?
I already did and so should you!!!

What Was My Reaction Upon Finishing?
Sweet baby Jesus! That was absolutely incredible, give me ALL of the Benjamin Alire Saenz books!

How Likely Is It That I Will Re-Read This Novel?
90%
I need to revisit this one every few years because I think it will just get better and better.

How Likely Is It That I Will Read Another Book By This Author?
99.9%
The only question is... how soon?


Conclusion: Featuring a completely unique, well developed main character with a voice entirely his own, a plot that delivers on the premise, a romance able to remind everyone what it's like to be in love, and the need for a "Feels Warning" on the cover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...