Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June 2015 Wrap-Up | European Shenanigans With My Best Friend.... What Could Go Wrong?


IMAGE FROM THIS MONTH
I've been blasting this a lot on my social media, but if you don't know, I spent 2 weeks in Stockholm, the Archipelago, Helsinki, and London - and made an entire vlog of the experience. This photo is from my first day in Sweden at Lake Brunnswikken.

WHAT FUN/NOTEWORTHY THINGS HAPPENED?

1. It's Summer! | I actually got out of school early actually to go to Europe for my parents work and actually spent the first day of summer with some close family friends in the Archipelago. Before I left, I got to spend a day with my boyfriend and his family at their lake house which was an incredibly fun kick-off the summer. We kayaked, I met his relatives, and of course, because we're us, we went exploring in the woods and I got a grand total of 18 bug bites. But as anyone knows, you wouldn't give up the experience for anything.... even being eaten alive.

2. I made Emma go on a 10 miles detour!
Anyone whose stuck around on Loving the Language of Literacy since 2015 will know I love exploring and wandering which most of the time ends with me getting lost. Originally, Emma and I were just going to go on a 7 mile run around Lake Brunnswikken but we ended up not even making it entirely around the lake and ended up walking/running for 10 freaking miles after going down trails and coming back to exactly where we started. Nevertheless, we got home and it was a fun bonding experience. Although if Emma told her perspective, she would probably have a different story... 

3. I've made my triumphant return to Photography!Obviously, I couldn't have gone traipsing around Europe without taking a ton of photos (more like 300). *promises while clinging to the cliff she's been thrown off* I will do a Frames of Existence soon! I'm considering creating a photography Instagram even because I enjoy taking and editing photos just so darn much.  


4. Adventures in London | We spent the last two days of our trip in London and they were probably my favorite days of the entire trip because we stayed with close family friends who are absolutely the best humans on the planet. They're ridiculously funny and nice and I'm so glad we got to stay with them. *Hint* If you ever go to the UK, never say "toss" *laughs hysterically at inside joke* We also got to meet up with other family friends for dinner which was so much fun. British people trying to sound American are always hilarious. Of course, we also went to the London Eye - pictured on left.


5. Rosendals Trädgård | This is where I made my huge photography return and I swear it was the longest I've been willingly near bees in my entire life. I took a bunch hot pictures and it was an absolutely gorgeous place you most definitely should go to if you're ever in Stockholm.




WHAT AM I LOOKING FORWARD TO?
4th of July!
I've honestly never been so happy for fourth of July than this year because of all the festivities and activities going on. On the 3rd I'm going back to my boyfriend's grandparent's lake house to celebrate  which I'm ecstatic about because it's astoundingly gorgeous. On the 4th, I'm participating in the 4th of July footrace which is 10 miles of running.... in 80 degrees. (We'll see if I drop dead from heat exhaustion) Then my family and I are going to watch fireworks.

WHAT DID I READ?
[JUNE READING WRAP-UP VIDEO TO COME]

FAVORITE VIDEO OF MINE

FAVORITE BOOKTUBE VIDEO

WHAT WERE MY TV/MOVIE OBSESSIONS?

I mentioned Stitchers in my May Wrap-Up but I just had to mention it in June again because even though it's not the most high-quality of shows, it is absolutely hilarious, gripping, and the characters are awesome. 

I saw all the promos for the Astronaut Wives Club and knew I had to at least check it out because I'm a complete sucker for shows that revolve around people's lives and the dynamics between them. the premise is something I never thought ABC would try to make a show out of but I enjoyed the first episode and will keep watching.

Yes, I admit, I watch Mistresses. It's a complete guilty pleasure and I love watching all the shenanigans these four women get into and I really like the mystery this season has.

We saw Jurassic World on opening night and the fam and I really enjoyed it. I sincerely think it was the best Jurassic Park of them all with just the right amount of action, dinosaurs, and character dynamics.
WHAT SONGS WERE ON REPEAT?








FAVORITE QUOTE



QUESTION OF THE MONTH
What was the most exciting/interesting thing that you've done/happened to you so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...