Saturday, December 28, 2013

Last Minute Read-a-Thon: Remembering 2013

Last Minute Readathon: Remembering 2013

Dec. 29th- Remembering 2013: Answer the following...
1. Best Book of 2013
2. Worst Book of 2013
3. Favorite New Author
4. Book that surprised you
5. Book that disappointed you


*All of this information will probably be found in the "End of the Year Book Survey" so if it's repeated, I'm sorry, this is the challenge*

The best book of 2013 had to be Prodigy by Marie Lu. It exceeded all of my expectations and topped the near-perfect Legend. If you have any doubts check out Meeting Marvelous Marie Lu

The worst book of 2013 had to be The Kill Order by James Dashner because it very well almost killed me. I don't have a review anywhere, but three words: 15 days to read. The most painful 15 of my life.

I think we all know by now who my favorite author of 2013 is: Marie Lu. That's all I can say about it except for read this post: Meeting Marvelous Marie Lu and everything will be explained young children

The book that surprised me the most this year (different from survey) was Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock. The answer is also in Best of 2013 for the Readiculous Reads End of Year Celebration
"My friend from school had lent it to me, and at first I was shocked at the blurb, but it had sounded so interesting that I read it and don't regret that choice. This book isn't for everyone, but if you're looking for a book dealing with "tough issues" from a teenage male's perspective this definitely is the one to read." 

The book that disappointed me in 2013 was The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. All I can say was said in my Best of 2013 for the Readiculous Reads End of Year Celebration
"So I jumped on the bandawagon and read the book after everyone in my school was simply raving about it for weeks. Even though this book is on my list, my feelings are still very mixed (Joyce and Aurora don't kill me). I liked the book and everything, great storyline, but I was disssapointed. Hazel and Gus might be the cutest couple I've ever read about, and their love story is one of the  sweetest, but I still didn't love the book."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...